It’s been said that when times get ruff, dogs serve as the ultimate source of comfort. In that case, we want to make a safe celebration of costumed canines paw-sible for all.
In an effort to ensure health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, LakewoodAlive announces the 13th Annual Spooky Pooch Parade sponsored by Ganley Subaru will be held virtually, with 12 lucky winners having their dogs highlighted in LakewoodAlive’s 2021 calendar and one grand prize “Best In Show” winner being determined by public voting. That winner will be featured on the October page of the calendar and receive one year’s worth of free dog food courtesy of Pet’s General Store.
The cost of entry is $25 per photo submission, with proceeds benefiting LakewoodAlive, a community-centered nonprofit organization striving to foster and sustain vibrant neighborhoods in Lakewood. If you wish to purchase a calendar without entering a pooch, calendars are available for $15 apiece.
Here's how it works:
1. Photos may be of dog(s) alone or dog(s) & people, as long as the dog(s) & the people are in costume.
2. You must submit your photo(s) electronically by emailing email@example.com by October 6th, 2020.
3. We cannot accept Polaroid pictures or copyrighted professional photographs. Cell phone photos are accepted if submission is of the highest resolution possible. Please do not watermark photos.
4. For digital photos, please provide high-resolution images that are 300 dpi at a 5×7 format or larger and in JPEG (JPG) or TIFF format. Digital photos must be at least 3,000 pixels horizontal. Please name the digital files with dog name(s) and your last name (like "MaxMiller.jpg). In order to be eligible for adjudication, your photo entry must be high resolution and horizontal.
5. All entries will be blind-judged by our judge’s panel and the top 12 will be featured as “Pooch of the Month.” The October “Pooch of the Month” photo will be selected during a voting contest that will take place on LakewoodAlive’s Facebook and Instagram pages. All entries must be emailed by October 6th.
6. If you have photos you’d rather not submit to the Pooch of the Month contest, post your pooch on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtag #VirtualSpookyPooch for a chance to be highlighted on LakewoodAlive's social media pages!
7. Calendars will be shipped in mid-November. An email will go out once they are in the mail.
8. The Grand Prize Winner must be able to travel regularly to Pet's General Store at 16821 Madison Avenue in Lakewood, Ohio, to collect the year's supply of dog food.
9. LakewoodAlive will not be able to process any refunds for any reason.
10. Paid or sponsored likes in the digital voting contest are against the rules and will not be counted.
For additional questions, call Devon Chodzin, LakewoodAlive at (216) 521-0655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LAKEWOODALIVE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW ANY INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP WHOSE COSTUME OR ACTIONS DO NOT MEET THE EVENT RULES AND REGULATIONS OR CONFORM TO STANDARDS OF REASONABLE PUBLIC TASTE OR FIT THE FAMILY FRIENDLINESS OF THE EVENT.
The Virtual Spooky Pooch Parade is supported by the following sponsors:
Top Dog Sponsors
Dedicated Dog Sponsors